What is an oral & maxillofacial surgeon?
Oral and maxillofacial surgery specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the mouth, jaws, the face and the neck. This discipline can be considered a combination of dentistry and medicine, with the majority of specialists being dual-qualified in both dentistry and maxillofacial surgery.
When to see an oral & maxillofacial surgeon?
Conditions of the mouth, jaw, face and neck may require the attention of a maxillary facial surgeon to correct any deformity. Common conditions treated by oral & maxillofacial surgeons include elements related to head and neck cancers. Oral & maxillofacial surgeons in London also conduct a number of procedures including the reconstruction of maxillary facial trauma and jaw correction surgery.
What conditions does an oral & maxillofacial surgeon treat?
- Cleft Lip, Palate And Other Craniofacial Abnormalities
- Thyroid Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes
- Parotid Tumour
- Facial Trauma
- Lip Lesion
- Lingual And ID Nerve Repairs
- Cancer Of The Head, Neck, Mouth, And Tongue
- Temporomandibular Jaw Joint Pain And Clicking
- Restricted Mouth Opening And Locking
What procedures can you find at an oral & maxillofacial clinic in London?
- Face Lift (Rhytidectomy)
- Mole Removal
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Reshaping)
- Tooth Extraction
- Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Facial Feminisation Surgery
- Mandible Angle Implants
- Lip Lifts
- Cheek Implants
- Chin Implants
- Chin Surgery
- Forehead Surgery
- Jaw Surgery
- Impacted/Infected Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Broken Teeth/Retained Root Removal
- Ulcers – Biopsies/Excisions
- Lesion Biopsy
- Treatment For Sore Or Burning Mouth And Tongue
- Treatment For Persistent Sore Throat
- Mucocelle Removal
- Excision Of Lesion Of Lip
- Oral Reconstruction
- Microvascular Free Flap Surgery
- Bone Grafting
- Submandibular Gland Tumour Surgery
- Trans-Oral Robotic Surgery (TORS)
- Stem Cell Treatment
- Excision Of Lesions Of The Mouth, Tongue, And Gum
- Video Consultation