What is a nephrologist (kidney specialist)?
Nephrologists specialise in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the kidneys and their systemic effects.
When to see a nephrologist?
You may need to visit a nephrologist in London if you have chronic kidney disease or for diagnosis of worsening kidney function. A nephrologist can advise and adjust medications and provide dialysis or refer for transplantation if required. The most common nephrology conditions include diabetic kidney treatment, glomerulonephritis and nephrotic syndrome.
What conditions does a nephrologist treat?
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Renal (Kidney) Cancer
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Blood In Urine (Haematuria)
- Kidney Problems