Miss Sonja Cerovac is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon with private practice in London and Surrey. She specializes in skin reconstruction, aesthetic/cosmetic and hand & wrist surgery. The doctor is also multi-lingual, speaking English, Croatian, and Serbian, which is very helpful for patients whose primary language may not be English.
Miss Cerovac began her education with her MD from Belgrade University, which she achieved in 1992. She continued with post-graduate speciality training in plastic surgery in the UK, on the South London Specialist Registrar rotation. The doctor also completed fellowships in specialized areas such as hand and wrist surgery at Wrightington Hospital in Wigan, as well as at the Hand Clinic in Windsor. She also completed a specialist fellowship in aesthetic surgery at the East Grinstead McIndoe Centre. Finally, in 1999, she was awarded her MSc degree from the University of London, for her research on flexor tendon surgery.
The doctor is an active member of several professional organizations, including the British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the British Society for Surgery of the Hand, and the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. She was also inducted as a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Miss Cerovac remains extremely busy working the plastic surgery department at St. George’s London University Hospital, one of the largest facilities in Europe. She handles tertiary referrals to the Hand Unit at that same hospital which often request the highest specialist expertise in management of complex hand injuries and degenerative conditions. Despite the busy schedule, she continues to be involved in teaching and training of medical students and junior doctors, national and international lectures and conferences, research, and the junior doctor selection process.
Both on the NHS and in private practice, Miss Cerovac believes in whole healthcare management, and focuses on patients as whole persons rather than simply their cosmetic or aesthetic surgery needs. For a wide range of plastic surgery procedures, Miss Cerovac is a skilled, experienced doctor who can provide patients with the results they desire.
Miss Cerovac can be found at www.sonjacerovac.com.Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Hand Tendon and Nerve surgery (acute repairs and delayed reconstructions)
- Hand and Wrist Trauma (fractures, dislocations, ligament injuries)
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Carpal tunnel syndrome surgery
- Nail Surgery
- Finger and Hand stiffness
- Finger Deformity Correction
- Wrist Arthroscopy (key hole examination of wrist joint)
- Breast enlargement/reduction/uplift
- Breast implant removal/exchange
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
- Treatment for malignant skin cancer
- Scar Revision
- Soft tissue reconstruction (grafts, flaps)
- Hand and wrist surgery
- Aesthetic Surgery (surgical and non-surgical techniques)
- Skin Surgery, benign and malignant lesions, scars, soft tissue reconstruction