Dr Rajiv Sood is a Consultant, specialising in Paediatrics, since 1998. He has received training in the UK in several tertiary paediatric units in university teaching hospitals. Furthermore, he has completed specialist training in neonatal intensive care (level 3), paediatric intensive care (PICU), neurology, allergy, community and general paediatrics, endocrinology, diabetes, ambulatory paediatrics, and developmental paediatrics. With all of his training and work put together, he has more than 35 years of clinical experience.
Within paediatrics, his specialist interest includes general paediatrics, covering all aspects of children’s health and development, allergy, immunotherapy, urgent medical problems and food challenges. He provides support to allergy nurse specialist clinics and also checks in in-patient wards and controls acute activity in the paediatric A&E.
Dr Sood works in both general paediatrics and allergy clinics. He treats food, nuts, skin, drug and respiratory allergies. He also carries out open food challenges through medical supervision and provides for training to patients in carrying out adrenaline sutoinjectors e.g. epi-pen, Jext and Emerade and Basic Life Support (BLS). He also looks into allergies that do not respond to the treatments, including grass pollen, tree pollen and house dust mite allergy.
He has achieved 8 Clinical Excellence Awards from The Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards (ACCEA).
Extra consultation fees:
Skin Prick Tests: £200
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Skin Prick Test £200 (patient not to take any antihistamine three days prior to consultation)
- Adrenalin Auto Injector - EpiPen, Jext, Emerade
- Children and adolescent allergy
- Immunotherapy (desensitisation) for grass, tree and house dust mite allergy
- Food Allergy, Eczema, Asthma, Hay Fever, Rhinitis, Allergy Eye Disease
- Allergy Skin prick tests
- Allergy blood tests
- General paediatrics in all aspects of children’s health and development concerns eg. medical conditions of respiratory, gastroenterology, neurology, kidney, joints and muscle, skin and ENT
- Urgent paediatric medical problems