· Mr Alireza Keshtgar was qualified in 1986 and he completed his postgraduate training and
PhD research in paediatric surgery by working in renowned hospitals in the
United Kingdom and Ireland including Great Ormond Street, London; Alder Hey,
Liverpool; Southampton University; Lewisham and Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation
· Mr Keshtgar has been working as a full time consultant paediatric and neonatal surgeon at Evelina
London Children’s Hospital and University Hospital Lewisham since October
· He was awarded Honorary Professor of Paediatric Surgery at Shiraz University of
Medical sciences in 2015.
· As an audit lead for paediatric surgery, he contributed to evidence based practice and
patients outcome studies through numerous publications in peer reviewed medical journals and presentations in peer reviewed international conferences and drawing surgical guidelines in his department.
· Mr Keshtgar has expertise in children’s in children’s colorectal (bowel) surgery for chronic constipation, faecal incontinence, Hirschsprung disease, anorectal malformations, rectal prolapse and formation of antegrade colonic enema (ACE) stoma, etc.
· He also has broad experience in all general surgeries of childhood including repair of hernias,
hydrocele, undescended testicles, circumcision, lumps and minimally invasive laparoscopy
· Mr Keshtgar has pioneered new treatment of Botulinum toxin for children’s chronic constipation and anal fissure, which is used worldwide.
· He has led the organisation and running of the international advanced training courses
and workshops in anorectal manometry and endosonography and surgery of paediatric colorectal disorders for specialists in the United Kingdom and abroad. He is a peer reviewer for several paediatric surgery and medical journals.
· He has established a wide network of national and international paediatric surgery referrals from across the United Kingdom and overseas.