In light of the Corona virus, telephone or video consultations available most days
Usual practice - Appointments available most Tuesdays & Fridays (flexible for urgent self-pay cases)
Mr Sam Vollans is a subspecialist upper limb orthopaedic surgeon.
He has undertaken special training in the UK and abroad in shoulder and elbow surgery. He has worked alongside and been trained by three of the world's most renowned elbow surgeons (Mr D Stanley, Prof D Eygendaal, Dr van Riet).
Mr Vollans graduated from the University of Leeds in 2005 and then completed his specialist training in Yorkshire. Following this, he undertook further training in both elective and trauma shoulder & elbow surgery in Sheffield. As well as this, he also completed a European Travelling Fellowship awarded by the British Elbow & Shoulder Society.
Mr Vollans has developed a particular interest in elbow surgery including primary and complex revision elbow replacement, elbow arthroscopy, and paediatric/adolescent elbow deformity, osteochondritis and instability.
He prides himself on excellent communication with patients and is passionate about innovation that improves patient care and experience.Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- All trauma, fractures, acute rotator cuff tears, ACJ injuries, dislocation (must have attended A&E first)
- Arthroscopic / key hole shoulder surgery
- Shoulder decompression
- Shoulder manipulation
- Shoulder stabilisation
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Shoulder replacement and resurfacing
- All investigations and injections as required
- All trauma, fractures, distal biceps rupture, dislocations (must have attended A&E first)
- Arthroscopic / keyhole elbow surgery including children if required
- Ulnar nerve release at the elbow / Cubital tunnel release
- Tennis elbow and Golfer's elbow - injections, PRP, keyhole and open release
- Total elbow replacement for arthritis
- Osteotomies for deformity
- Wrist fractures (must have attended A&E first)
- Carpal Tunnel release
- De Quervain's (Lateral wrist pain)
- Trigger Finger
- All aspects of shoulder & elbow surgery
Mr Vollans is a specialist shoulder & elbow surgeon treating all the most common conditions. He prides himself on excellent communication and will always take time to explain your diagnosis before offering you all treatment options (with and without surgery) quoting current evidence and results.
Mr Vollans' main interest is complex adult and children's elbow surgery. He has written a number of book chapters on Elbow Replacement, for which he receives referrals from all over Yorkshire and beyond. He also performs revision elbow replacement when previous ones have failed.
Mr Vollans regularly treats children with shoulder and elbow complaints. These include problems with deformity, clavicle instability (Sternoclavicular instability), shoulder instability, elbow instability, elbow pain and osteochondritis of the elbow.