Dr. Ummesalma Bobadia (Tambawala) is a professional and passionate Occupational Therapist with two years of experience in areas like neurological conditions, pediatrics, and mental health. She had completed her bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy from Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS), India in 2018. During her course, she was awarded a gold medal in her third year for securing the highest marks.
Dr. Ummesalma Bobadia (Tambawala) had gained expertise in handling neurological conditions at Epilepsy Foundation, Mumbai. She was also a part of the Early Intervention Rehabilitation Center, Thane where she worked as a pediatrician. Later in 2020, Dr. Ummesalma Bobadia (Tambawala) worked at Don Bosco Youth Counseling Services in Mumbai. She is also known for attending 12 webinars conducted by World Federation for Neurorehabilitation.
She uses a holistic approach and implements knowledge of ergonomics and accessibility to make a positive difference in the life of clients. Furthermore, Dr. Ummesalma Bobadia (Tambawala) knows numerous languages including Arabic (read and write).
- Ergonomics: Office, Hospital & School Module 1 & Module 2
- Clinical Reasoning in Cognitive Rehabilitation (Part-1)
- Workshop on ‘NeuroRehabilitation’ at TNMC & BYL Nair Ch. Hospital, Parel
- Workshop on ‘Proactive Modification of Challenging Behavior’ COTE on “Industrial Health & Occupational Therapy” (Environment, Ergonomics, Safety and Wellness at Workplace), Nagpur
- CME on Breast Cancer Management & Updates of Occupational Therapy Practice at Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel.
- CME on Autism Spectrum Disorders ‘Principles & Practices’
- Training session on Basic CPR at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital.
RESEARCH & PROJECTS:
- Conducted an online presentation on ‘Exploring the route to an Accessible society: An Ergonomic approach’ as a part of The Ergonomics Club.
- Compèred the 5th, 6th & 7th Educational Program in Honor of Late Aruna P Tole, Ex HOD Occupational Therapy, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- Conducted a dissertation study on ‘To measure Accessibility at Bhau Daji Lad Museum for Persons with Disabilities’, during the internship term.
- Participated in Case Presentation competition at 5th Educational Program, Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel on 15th December 2017
- Topic: Occupational Therapy for a patient diagnosed with Tuberculous Meningitis with Spinal Tuberculosis with Ischaemic Heart Disease through a Comprehensive Management.
- Participated in UG Occupational Therapy Poster Presentation competition at TRINITY 2017, An All-India Students’ Medical Conference in March 2017
- Topic: ‘Wheelchair: Providing Freedom of Mobility’
- Conducted a presentation on Promotion of Occupational Therapy and areas like Stress, Back pain and Accessibility addressed, in a Dawoodi Bohra Community gathering on 3rd December 2016.
- Participated in the UG Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy Poster presentation competition at TRINITY 2016, An All-India Student’s Medical Conference in Affiliation with MUHS on 13th Feb 2016 and secured FIRST position.
- Topic: ‘Healing Healthcare Professionals through Ergonomics’
- Anger Management
- Attention & Memory Evaluation
- Confidence Building
- Life Coaching
- Personal Development
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT)
- Well-Being Psychology
- Adult Mental Health
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Disorder
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health
- Eating Disorders
- Mental Health
- Self-Worth Issues