Practices worked at
Dr Anwar Alkhaja is Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at Al Jalila Children’s with a sub specialization in Cleft lip and Palate surgery. Dr Alkhaja has dedicated his clinical career to deliver care mainly to children born with cleft lip and palate deformity and paediatric maxillofacial surgery and also to set up protocols for management of infants and children with upper airway obstruction.
Dr Alkhaja obtained his DDS from the faculty of Medicine and Odontology, Umea University, Sweden in 1999 and was licensed to practice by Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare in March 2000. He began his residency programme in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, obtaining the Swedish board certificate in July 2007, going on to pursue a two-year fellowship programme in Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery at the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Gothenburg University, Sweden, returning to the UAE after the completion of his Fellowship in 2009.
- Cleft lip and palatal surgery
- Surgical removal of impacted, damaged, non-restorable teeth
- Dental Implant and the regeneration of deficient bone and gum tissues
- Cosmetic dental procedures such as chin and cheekbone enhancements
- Maxillary Sinus elevation
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders