Dr. Ana Teixeira is a European Board Certified Consultant Rheumatologist Dubai with over 20 years of experience. Dr. Teixeira completed her initial training in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Lisbon (Portugal). After this, she went on to specialise in Rheumatology by the Portuguese Medical Association.
In addition to her training in Portugal, Dr. Teixeira has also been trained in Switzerland and France across a number of hospitals, in the Services of Rheumatology of the Cantonal Hospital of Geneva and the Henri Mondor Hospital, in Paris.
Her vast experience in Rheumatology includes but is not limited to: early diagnosis of arthritis, prevention of rheumatic diseases, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and other spondyloarthritis, gout, Systemic lupus erythematosus, systemic sclerosis, myositis, vasculitis, disc disease of neck and back, postural imbalance, trigger point release for muscle spasm, biologic treatments, infusions, doppler ultrasonography for joint assessment and platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy.
In addition to her practice, Dr. Teixeira is also active in the field of research and is widely published in her field.
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
- Joint Injection
- Soft Tissue Injection
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Inflammatory Arthritis
- Joint Pain
- Metabolic Bone Disease
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Sjögren’s Syndrome
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Masters Degree in Medicine
- Degree of Specialist in Rheumatologist
- Fellow of the Portuguese College of Rheumatology
- European Board certified
- Emirates Society of Rheumatology
- Emirates Society of Osteoporosis
- Board member of the Portuguese Society of Rheumatology