Practices worked at
Ami Graves, MS, CCC-SLP is a speech-language pathologist from the United States who has over eleven years of experience working with individuals across the lifespan with complex communication needs.
Her clinical experiences include providing AAC evaluations in schools, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, clinics, and vocational settings. Amanda has applied knowledge in a variety of AAC tools and techniques including iPads, eye gaze systems, dedicated speech-generating devices, and low-tech communication books and boards. She has been fortunate enough to work within interdisciplinary teams including fellow speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, teachers, and vision intervention professionals.
Ami is dedicated to continuing education and continues to both participate and provide in trainings for the following AT and AAC tools:
- Eye gaze systems, including Tobii-Dynavox
- Apps for communication, including LAMP WFL, Proloquo2Go, Grid 3, TouchChat with WordPower, Tobii-Dynavox Snap + Core, GoTalk Now, and many others.
- Dedicated speech-generating devices
- Alternative access support using switch scanning, auditory scanning, and partner assisted scanning
- AAC assessment, report and goal writing
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
Ami conducts AAC/AT evaluations over the course of multiple sessions to find the best communication system for an individual’s unique communication needs.
Her experience includes working in specialized schools and centers in the United States for individuals with:
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Visual impairment, including blind, low vision, and cortical vision impairment (CVI)
- Hearing Impairment (HI)- including individuals who are deaf blind
- Rare genetic disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Down syndrome
- Severe speech and language delay