Dr. Bernard Lallemand is a Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at DxBone Excellence Center and specialises in hand and upper extremity surgery.
After brilliantly finishing his residency at the University Hospital of Liege, he has worked closely with Professor Michel Merle in Luxembourg at the European Hand Institute since November 2005, where he has developed an activity focused on the upper limb extremity (shoulder, elbow and wrist) and the hand. He was responsible for the organization of the SOS Main Luxembourg, a service that provides support 24/7 to patients with trauma of the hand and the upper limb. He was also an active member of the faculty of the Medical Training Center, which has trained more than 500 worldwide surgeons in the practice of hand and wrist surgery.
Then, after having been a visiting surgeon in 2015 for two years, he decided to join Aspetar, Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Hospital, definitively where he developed a hand unit which is the reference in the region for the treatment of sports injuries of the wrist and hand. He was in charge of the visiting program for more than three years, which allowed to have internationally renowned surgeons in the surgical department.
In addition to having performed more than 12,000 surgeries in the Europe and Middle East region, he is also a member of many International Societies such as: American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand, International Wrist Arthroscopy Society, etc. Dr Lallemand has published more than 50 journal articles and book chapters and has presented more than 200 lectures, conferences, workshops and instructional courses worldwide.Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
HAND AND WRIST
- Sports injuries like Jersey finger, Boutonniere deformity, etc.
- Management of tendinopathies: Trigger finger, De Quervain tenosynovitis, etc.
- Primary repair or secondary reconstruction of ligament and tendon injuries
- Hand and wrist degenerative condition: Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Hand and wrist fracture - dislocation: Phalangeal and metacarpal fractures, scaphoid fracture, etc.
- Hand and wrist secondary reconstruction: Scaphoid non-union, SLAC wrist, Tendon transfer, etc.
- Hand and wrist arthroscopy & arthroplasty
- Entrapped nerves release: Carpal Tunnel, Guyon's ulnar nerve, etc.
- Dupuytren's Disease
- Congenital and secondary hand and wrist deformities
- Kienbock disease
- Microsurgery: Vascularized bone graft, nerve graft
ELBOW AND FOREARM
- Sport injuries like Tennis elbow, Golfer's elbow, Osteochondritis Dissecans, etc.
- Elbow arthroscopy and arthroplasty
- Elbow and forearm fracture - dislocation
- Elbow reconstruction: Malunion or non-union
- Entrapped nerves release: Cubital tunnel syndrome, Radial nerve tunnel
- Ligament reconstruction
SHOULDER AND UPPER ARM
- Sports injuries like shoulder instability, AC joint injuries, Pectoralis Major tear
- Clavicle, scapula and humerus fracture - dislocation
- Shoulder arthroscopy: Rotator cuff tear, labral injuries, biceps tendon
- Shoulder arthroplasty: Total and Reverse shoulder replacement