613, The Onyx Tower - 1 Sheikh Zayed Rd, Dubai - 11.71 kilometers 613, The Onyx Tower - 1 Sheikh Zayed Rd, Dubai - 11.71 kilometers
What is Pain Management?
Pain management, also called pain medicine, pain control or algiatry, takes an interdisciplinary approach to easing the suffering and improving the quality of life of people who suffer from chronic pain. Some types of pain don’t change or go away, which means a Pain Management Plan or PMP is often designed to relieve, reduce, or manage pain, thus improving your quality of life despite it. It doesn’t always mean pain reduction.
Pain management doctors diagnose the pain, provide treatment in the form of medications and rehabilitation, carry out procedures to relieve pain, and counsel patients and their families about living with pain.
What procedures can you find at a Pain Management clinic?
- Pain relief other than surgery or medication
- Collaboration with Physiatrists, Anaesthesiologists, Oncologists, Surgical specialists, Psychiatrists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists and others
- CT scanning
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- PET scan (Positron Emission Tomography)
- Discography – evaluate your intervertebral discs
- Electrodiagnostic tools like NCS (Nerve Conduction Study) and EMG (Electromyography).
What should you expect at a Pain Management clinic?
You might be referred by your GP, a consultant or another specialist. A pain management expert will treat your pain and coordinate any other care you might need, things like physical therapy, rehabilitation, and counselling. The pain management itself often blends medicines, physical therapy, nerve blocks, and even massage, which is proven to be an effective treatment for pain relief, swelling and stress. You’ll be asked questions, and can ask questions yourself, and you’ll ultimately be given a pain control programme based on your goals.