Showing 1 - 3 of 3 results
Al Qudra Road, Diamond Square E, DXB, Dubai - 8.52 kilometers Al Qudra Road, Diamond Square E, DXB, Dubai - 8.52 kilometers Nutrition General Medicine Acupuncture + 3 more silicon, Suntech Tower, DXB, Dubai - 4.27 kilometers silicon, Suntech Tower, DXB, Dubai - 4.27 kilometers Diamond Square, The Sustainable City - Al Qudra Rd, Dubai - 8.56 kilometers Diamond Square, The Sustainable City - Al Qudra Rd, Dubai - 8.56 kilometers
What is Dietetics and Nutrition?
The food we consume has a dramatic impact on our health, and changes in our diet can prevent, control or even stop many health issues altogether. Obesity, diabetes and various risk factors for cancer and heart disease can all benefit from a healthy, balanced diet.
Dietetics is the name for the science behind the way food and nutrition impact our health. As a sector, it often has a strong focus on public health and is always dedicated to educating people about good dietary choices. Some of the time a dietetics and nutrition specialist will deal with patients with actual diseases and conditions, but they also help people who simply want to lose or gain weight sensibly without damaging their health.
What procedures can you find at a Dietetics / Nutrition clinic?
- General education about nutrition
- Prescription medicines
- Advice on special diets for people with medical conditions like cancer, diabetes and AIDS
- Advice for people who are having ‘alternative’ therapies
- Help with digestive disorders and eating disorders
- Support with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Post-surgical and intensive care support
- Carrying out health assessments
- Setting goals Discussing short- and long-term goals and helping set realistic expectations
- Developing diet plans
- Providing menus, recipes, and meal-planning support
- Monitoring and progress-tracking, support and motivation
What should you expect at the Dietetics / Nutrition clinic?
Every good private dietetics clinic will spend the time to get to know you and your diet, coming to a good understanding about what you eat right now, the problems you’re encountering, and how to deal with them. Once you have created an action plan between you, your dietician will be with you every step of the way to support and guide you in your new regime.