Best Neurosurgery clinics near me
Showing 1 - 2 of 2 results
Building 37, 26th Street, Dubai - 2.63 kilometers Building 37, 26th Street, Dubai - 2.63 kilometers Neurosurgery Cardiothoracic Surgery Clinical Genetics + 29 more Dubai Mall, Fashion Parking, Dubai - 3.25 kilometers Dubai Mall, Fashion Parking, Dubai - 3.25 kilometers Neurosurgery Dermatology Obstetrics & Gynaecology + 20 more
What is Neurosurgery?
Neurosurgery, also called neurological surgery, is a speciality that deals with preventing, diagnosing, surgical treatment, and rehabilitation of disorders affecting any part of the nervous system including the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and the wider cerebrovascular system. Because the nervous system reaches into every corner of the body, neurosurgery tends to have a very wide scope.
Neurosurgical care covers every age, from children to adults, and depending on the condition you’re suffering from a neurological surgeon can deliver both surgery itself and non-surgical support.
What procedures can you find at a Neurosurgery clinic?
- Craniotomy – creating narrow openings that minimise the damage
- Minimally-invasive neuroendoscopy to treat deep tumours in the brain and skull base
- Non-invasive stereotactic radiosurgery
- Advanced medical imaging
- Collaboration with radiologists including CT scans, MRI scans and brain angiography.
- Functional neurosurgery
- High-intensity laser probe for inoperable brain tumours
- Intraoperative angiography
- Minimally invasive surgeries
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Skull base and spine surgery
- Stereotactic neurosurgery
- Surgical implantation of deep brain stimulators
- Surgical navigation, using computers to plan surgery
- Trauma surgery
- Cortical mapping
- Cavitron treatment
What should you expect at a Neurosurgery clinic?
Having been referred by your GP or another kind of doctor, your neurosurgeon will ask about your medical history and get a good idea about your symptoms. They’ll carry out a detailed neurological examination before reviewing your medical history and analysing the results of the diagnostic tests you have been given. Before you leave you will be given your treatment options, each explained carefully so you have the knowledge you need to make a good decision.